Investigation of behaviour modelling on the toilet for supporting the autonomous use via guidance
The concept envisages that by means of (suitably to be adapted) analysis mainly through the body-tracking device developed in the project “fearless” the actions of a user can be compared with the model of a “normal” use and from this suitable supporting information for the user about the correct sequence of actions can be given. This guidance should be communicated to the user using and extending the dialog options developed in the “iToilet” project (screen, voice / sound output, voice input etc.). Furthermore, in order to ensure safety despite autonomous use, the detection of exceptional situations and e.g. also falls are integrated so that in emergency help can be called automatically.
The goals of this project are:
- Raise claims of users for such a system
- Feasibility analysis of a support system to use the toilet autonomously for people with cognitive impairment
- Suitability of daily use evaluation by experts
- TU Vienna – Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology – Human Computer Interaction Group
- CogVis GmbH
- Volkshilfe Gesundheits- und Soziale Dienste GmbH
- Lumetzberger J., Kampel M. Using the toilet more autonomously via ICT. Proceedings of Smart Living Forum 2019.