- Introduction: MO, 19.03.2018, 13:00 – 15:00, Seminarraum 183/2
- Date: MO 13:00 – 15:00 (see schedule for dates)
- Place: Seminarraum 183/2
- Curricula: 066 932 Visual Computing
Introduction to Document Analysis
The task of Document Analysis is to unlock and structure the content of documents such that they are comprehensible to computer systems. Various work processes deal with the transfer of document content into a form suitable for further processing. One example is the transfer of important customer data from hand-filled forms into prepared electronic templates.
- Mo 19.03.2018, 13:00-15:00: Introduction (lecture, exercise)
- Mo 09.04.2018, 13:00-15:00: Image Acquisition (group forming for exercise)
- Mo 16.04.2018, 13:00-15:00: Document Preprocessing: Binarization, Skew Estimation, …
- Mo 07.05.2018, 13:00-15:00: Document Layout Analysis
- Mo 14.05.2018, 13:00-15:00: OCR
- Mo 28.05.2018, 13:00-15:00: Writer Retrieval/Identification
- Fr 29.06.2018, 13:00-15:00: Final presentation of the exercise part
- Registration: Please register at TISS for the course.
- Script: Slide set of the lecture (available at TISS)
- Exam: oral – by appointment