Due to COVID19 the first lecture will be postponed to 20.04. The Introduction today is cancelled. If you are already interested in the exercises, the description is online available (see TISS).
- Introduction: MO, 23.03.2020, 13:00 – 15:00, Seminarraum FAV 01
- Date: MO 13:00 – 15:00 (see schedule for dates)
- Place: FAV 01 A
- Curricula: 066 932 Visual Computing
- Attendance is mandatory – Anwesenheitspflicht
Introduction to Document Analysis
The task of Document Analysis is to unlock and structure the content of documents such that they are comprehensible to computer systems. Various work processes deal with the transfer of document content into a form suitable for further processing. One example is the transfer of important customer data from hand-filled forms into prepared electronic templates.
Mo 23.03.2020, 13:00-15:00: Introduction (lecture, exercise)postponed to
- Mo 20.04.2020, 13:00-15:00: Introduction, Image Acquisition (group forming for exercise)
- Mo 27.04.2020, 13:00-15:00: Document Preprocessing: Binarization, Skew Estimation, …
- Mo 11.05.2020, 13:00-15:00: Document Layout Analysis
- Mo 18.05.2020, 13:00-15:00: OCR
- Mo 25.05.2020, 13:00-15:00: Writer Retrieval/Identification
- (Mo 08.06. 2020, 13:00-15:00 Ersatztermin)
- Mo 22.06.2020, 13:00-15:00: Final presentation of the exercise part
t.b.a. in the first lecture. Exercise must be written in Python
- Registration: Please register at TISS for the course.
- Script: Slide set of the lecture (available at TISS)
- Exam: oral – by appointment