The lectures will be held via Zoom. The links will be announced on the TUWEL site.
- Date: MO 13:00 – 15:00 (see schedule for dates)
- Place: Zoom
- Curricula: 066 932 Visual Computing
- Attendance is mandatory – Anwesenheitspflicht
Introduction to Document Analysis
The task of Document Analysis is to unlock and structure the content of documents such that they are comprehensible to computer systems. Various work processes deal with the transfer of document content into a form suitable for further processing. One example is the transfer of important customer data from hand-filled forms into prepared electronic templates.
- Mo 22.03.2021, 13:00-15:00: Introduction (group forming for exercise)
- Mo 12.04.2021, 13:00-15:00: Image Acquisition
- Mo 19.04.2021, 13:00-15:00: Document Preprocessing: Binarization, Skew Estimation, …
- Mo 26.04.2021, 13:00-15:00: OCR
- Mo 03.05.2021, 13:00-15:00: Document Layout Analysis
- Mo 10.05.2021, 13:00-15:00: Writer Retrieval/Identification
- (Mo 17.05. 2021, 13:00-15:00 Ersatztermin)
- Mo 14.06.2021, 13:00-15:00: Final presentation of the exercise part
t.b.a. in the first lecture. Exercise must be written in Python
- Registration: Please register at TISS for the course.
- Script: Slide set of the lecture (available at TISS)
- Exam: oral – by appointment