Florian Kleber is currently a senior scientist at the Computer Vision Lab, Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology, TU Wien, Austria. He gained experience as a project collaborator/leader in several projects at the Computer Vision Lab, VUT, dealing with, amongst others, multi-spectral acquisition and restoration of ancient manuscripts. Additionally, he is involved in lecturing at TU Wien (Document Analysis VU, Bachelor/Master thesis supervision), and is publishing several papers at ICDAR, ICFHR and DAS since 2008. During the AutoFlow project he gained also knowledge in the analysis of medical data, especially flow cytometry analysis. He was also co-organizer of conferences hosted by CVL in Vienna. His research interests are Cultural Heritage, Document Analysis Applications and Medical Data Analysis.
See also my DBLP profile.
- Poster Project
- Time Machine Lower Austria
- DIR – Document Information Retrieval
- The Sinaitic Glagolitic Sacramentary (Euchologium) Fragments
Co-organizer of the following competitions:
- ICDAR 2013 – Handwritten Digit and Digit String Competition
- ScriptNet: ICDAR 2017 Competition on Baseline Detection in Archival Documents (cBad)
- ScriptNet: ICDAR 2017 Competition on Historical Document Writer Identification (Historical-WI)
- ICDAR 2019 Competition on Table Detection and Recognition (cDTaR)
- OAGM – Austrian Association for Pattern Recognition, which is part of the
- IAPR – International Association for Pattern Recognition
- WAF – Wiener Archäographisches Forum
former member of
Datasets of CVL are published at Zenodo, see Community CVL. Several datasets regarding document analysis have been published there.
|2014||Graduation, Dr.techn., TU Wien, Computer Science, 2014 Thesis title: Document Image Analysis Preprocessing of Low-Quality and Sparsely Inscribed Documents
Reviewer: a.o.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Robert Sablatnig, Dr. Basilis Gatos
|2008||Graduation, Mag.rer.soc.oec. (comparable with Master of Social and Economic Sciences), TU Wien, Computer Science Management, 2008.|
|2007-2008||Study of Computer Science Managment at TU Wien|
|2006||Graduation, Dipl.-Ing. (comparable with MSc), TU Wien, Computer Science, 2006 Thesis title: High Resolution Image Scan and Mosaicing
Thesis advisor: a.o.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Robert Sablatnig
|2000-2006||Study of Computer Science at TU Wien|
|1995-2000||Secondary College for Electronics (HTBLuVA), 3100 St. Pölten, Austria|