My name is Marco Peer and I joined the CVL as a university assistent in 2021. My main research interests are in the field of document analysis and content-based image retrieval with deep learning. My PhD is focused on writer retrieval for historical documents.
I also worked in the WRITE project, in which I developed writer retrieval methods to identify suspects for the Bundeskriminalamt.
- Summer term
- Winter term
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses as well as student projects.
- M. Peer and R. Sablatnig, “Feature Mixing for Writer Retrieval and Identification on Papyri Fragments”, in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Historical Document Imaging and Processing, HIP@ICDAR 2023, San José, California, USA, August 25-26, 2023. arXiv
- M. Peer, F. Kleber and R. Sablatnig, “Towards Writer Retrieval for Historical Datasets,” in Document Analysis and Recognition – ICDAR 2023 – 17th International Conference, San José, California, USA, August 21-26, 2023. arXiv
- M. Peer, F. Kleber and R. Sablatnig, “Self-supervised Vision Transformers with Data Augmentation Strategies Using Morphological Operations for Writer Retrieval,” in Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, Hyderabad, India, 2022 pp. 122–136.
- M. Peer, F. Kleber and R. Sablatnig, “Writer Retrieval using Compact Convolutional Transformers and NetMVLAD,” in 2022 26th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2022 pp. 1571-1578.
- M. Peer, S. Thalhammer and M. Vincze, “Image Synthesis in SO(3) by Learning Equivariant Features Spaces,” in Proceedings of the Joint Austrian Computer Vision and Robotics Workshop 2020, 2020, p. 108–113.
- Generating deliverable DICOM RT treatment plans for prostate VMAT by predicting MLC motion sequences with an encoder-decoder network”, Med Phys. 2023; 1– 7. https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.16545 W. Lechner, M. Peer et al., “
- C. Li, M. Peer and K. Yang, “Looking for Chos grub: Proposing An AI-Assisted Method for Recognizing Scribal Hands of Dunhuang Tibetan Manuscripts”, Advanced Computational Methods for
Studying Buddhist Texts. Vienna, Austria. April 27, 2023.
- M.Peer, “Self-supervised Vision Transformers with Data Augmentation Strategies Using Morphological Operations for Writer Retrieval”, 18th International Conference on Frontiers of Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR). Hyderabad, India. December 6, 2022.
- M. Peer, “WRITE – IT unterstützte Suche und Vergleich von Handschriften”, 12. KIRAS Fachtagung. Vienna, Austria. October 25, 2022.
- Best Poster Award: “Writer Retrieval for Historical Documents”. The 5th IAPR TC10/TC11 Summer School on Document Analysis. Fribourg, Switzerland. 2023.
- Excellence Award. The 5th IAPR TC10/TC11 Summer School on Document Analysis. Fribourg, Switzerland. 2023.
- Best Contribution Award: My diploma thesis was part of the study „Generating treatment plans from dose distributions on segmented CTs with Deep Learning: A feasibility study“ awarded by the Österreichische Gesellschaft für Medizinische Physik (ÖGMP).
|2021||Dipl.-Ing. TU Wien. Energy Systems and Control Engineering. Thesis title: Generating Treatment Plans for Prostate VMAT using Deep Learning. Advisor: Georg Dietmar|
|2018||BSc. TU Wien. Electrical Engineering. Thesis title: Modellierung eines Langstator Linearmotors. Advisor: Andreas Kugi
|2015||Secondary School BG/BRG Waidhofen an der Thaya|