Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living
VisuAAL is a transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral European project, addressing the secure use of video-based AAL technologies to deliver effective and supportive care to older adults managing their health and wellbeing. Researchers from the fields of Computer Science, Engineering, Healthcare, Law, Business and Sociology are building the project community.
Funding: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks
Behaviour modelling and life logging
Lifelogging is a recent ICT technology that uses wearable sensors (e.g. cameras, trackers, wearable sensors) to capture, store, process and retrieve the different situations, states and context of an individual in daily life. Using a wearable camera that automatically takes 3 images per minute provides about 2000 pictures at the end of each day that can illustrate in detail which activities the person wearing the camera has done – e.g. how (s)he eats, what places (s)he visited, with whom (s)he interacted, what events (s)he attended, etc. In this way, the topic of this thesis is lifelogging in order to create personalized tools and services to monitor, store and process the behavioural skills, nutrition patterns, social environment, context and proper physical activities during long periods in an objective way.
Eligibility criteria for Marie Curie PhD positions
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree relevant to the project(s) they apply for
- Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained the first degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged)
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Start in March 2021
- Full contract for 3 (+1) years