Digital Intelligent Assistant for Nursing Applications
The enabling technology will be AI powered 3D sensors with embedded analytic algorithms. The metadata provided by these sensors will be seamlessly integrated into the nurses working routine and will free valuable time for personalized care. For mild to medium impaired persons these data will also be used to provide a virtual assistant which can guide through certain activities of daily living. A first activity where this will be tested focuses on toileting (personal hygiene), where hardly any technologies exist. DIANA has the unique goal of increasing people’s autonomy and digitizing nursing assistance in this area.
The goals of this project are:
- optimizing the nursing process by relieving nursing staff of routine tasks which could be managed by an AI powered digital assistant
- fusion of the video management (VMS) world with privacy protecting 3D sensors
- Utilizing the Milestone Xprotect VMS as middleware
- Ballester, I., Mujirishvili, T., Kampel, M. (2022). RITA: A Privacy-Aware Toileting Assistance Designed for People with Dementia. In: Lewy, H., Barkan, R. (eds) Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare. PH 2021. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol 431. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-99194-4_20
- Panek P., Lumetzberger J., Kampel M., Mayer P. “Ethische Analyse bei der Sondierung zu einem Kognitions-Unterstützungssystem in einem Demenz-Tageszentrum. Poster: Pflegekongress, Wien, 26.-27.11.2020
- Lumetzberger J., Münzer T., Kampel M. “Non-obtrusive 3d body tracking for automated mobility assessment in independently living older persons. Results of a pilot trial”. In: EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology, 2021.
- Lumetzberger J., Raoofpour A. , Kampel M. “Privacy preserving getup detection”. PETRA 2021: The 14th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference (ACM).
- Lumetzberger J., Mayer P. , Kampel M., Panek P. “Smart toilet seat configuration for more autonomy using an
AI-based 3D depth sensor”. PETRA 2021: The 14th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference (ACM).
- Lumetzberger J., Ginzinger F., Kampel M. “Sensor-based Toilet Instructions for People with Dementia”. In: Proceedings of the AHFE 2021 Virtual Conference on Human Factors and Systems Interaction, July 25–29, 2021, USA.
- Geriatrische Klinik St. Gallen
- CogVis GmbH
- Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Cáritas Diocesana de Coimbra
- EET Europarts