UPDATE: I am co-organizing the ViBRANT workshop at VISIGRAPP 2024! Check our website!
Irene Ballester is a PhD student and research assistant at the Computer Vision Lab at TU Wien. She is a Marie Curie ITN fellow for the visuAAL project working on AI for dementia care.
She holds a BSc degree in Industrial Technology Engineering (2017) and an MSc degree in Industrial Engineering (2020), both from the University of Zaragoza, Spain. Before joining CVL, Irene worked as a research trainee in the Department of Perception and Cognition at the Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Munich, where she completed her master’s thesis on dynamic SLAM.
Her current research focuses on Active Assisted Living (AAL) and computer vision.
- Ballester I., Gall M., Kampel M. (2023) “Interaction Design of a Toileting Assistive System for People with Dementia“, presented at WISH Symposium at the ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Ballester, I., Kampel, M. (2022). Automated vision-based toilet assistance for people with dementia. In: Matteo Zallio (eds) Human Factors in Accessibility and Assistive Technology. AHFE (2022) International Conference. AHFE Open Access, vol 37. AHFE International, USA. http://doi.org/10.54941/ahfe1001638
- Ballester, I., Mujirishvili, T., Kampel, M. (2022). RITA: A Privacy-Aware Toileting Assistance Designed for People with Dementia. In: Lewy, H., Barkan, R. (eds) Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare. PH 2021. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol 431. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-99194-4_20
- Ballester, I., Fontan, A., Civera, J., Strobl, K. H., & Triebel, R. (2021). DOT: Dynamic Object Tracking for Visual SLAM. In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) (pp. 11705-11711). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRA48506.2021.9561452
- Ballester, I., Güemes , A., Navarro, A., Montiel, J.M.M. “Measurement of volumes and distances for the evaluation of breast surgery” in XXIII Congress of the Spanish Surgical Research Society, Madrid, 16-17 Nov., 2017.