News and Upcoming
Looking forward to be a speaker at Ultrasound meets Magnetic Resonance in September 2021. The proceedings of the 5th Perinatal Imaging, Placental and Preterm Image analysis workshop (PIPPI 2020) held in conjunction with MICCAI 2020 are out, October 2020. Link
Roxane Licandro graduated the master study of medical informatics at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) with distinction in January 2016. She worked eight years as assistant of the creative director at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien and subsequently continued her working experiences as software developer at AGFA Healthcare. During her studies at TU Wien she was employed as study assistant and teaching assistant at the Pattern Recognition and Image Processing (PRIP) Group, and as teaching assistant at the Institute of Computer Graphics and Algorithms and at the Computer Vision Lab (CVL) at TU Wien. She is currently working as a university assistant at CVL . She started her PhD at TU Wien in cooperation with the Computational Imaging Research (CIR) Lab at the Medical University of Vienna in the summer term 2016.
– Spatio-temporal modelling
– Diffeomorphic registration
– Fetal and pediatric brain development
– Functional brain networks and plasticity
– Automatic MRD Assessment in Leukaemia
Selected Recent Publications
Licandro R., Hofmanninger J., Perkonigg M., Röhrich S., Weber M.-A., Wennmann M., Kintzele L., Piraud M., Menze B., Langs G., “Asymmetric Cascade Networks for Focal Bone Lesion Prediction in Multiple Myeloma”, International Conference on Medical Imaging with Deep Learning (MIDL), London, July 2019. Link.
Licandro R. and Schlegl T., Reiter M., Diem M., Dworzak M., Schumich A., Langs G., Kampel M., “WGAN Latent Space Embeddings for Blast Identification in Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukaemia,” 2018 24th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Beijing, China, 2018, pp. 3868-3873. PDF
Licandro R., Nenning K.-H., Schwartz E., Kollndorfer K., Bartha-Doering L., Langs G. Assessing Reorganisation of Functional Connectivity in the Infant Brain. MICCAI Fetal and InFant Image (FIFI) Analysis Workshop, Québec City (Canada), September 2017. PDF
Licandro R., Langs G., Kasprian G., Sablatnig R., Prayer D., Schwartz E., “A Longitudinal Diffeomorphic Atlas-Based Tissue Labeling Framework for Fetal Brains using Geodesic Regression“, Computer Vision Winter Workshop, Rimske Toplice (Slovenia), February 2016. PDF
R. Licandro, “Longitudinal Diffeomorphic Fetal Brain Atlas Learning for Tissue Labeling using Geodesic Regression and Graph Cuts”, Vienna University of Technology, January 2016. Link
Awards & Achievements
– Micro Travel Grant, Marie Curie Alumni Association, August 2018.
– Best Paper Award, International Conference on Clinical and Medical Image Analysis ICCMIA’18, July 2018.
– February 2017 – July 2017 Marie Skłodowska Curie Fellowship within the European Project AutoFLOW
– Best Poster Award – 3rd Austrian Biomarker Symposium on Early Diagnostics 2016 (3rd Place)
– Member of the Organizing Committee of CVPR2017-WiCV, MICCAI-DATRA 2018 , MICCAI-PIPPI 2018/2019
– MICCAI Student Board President since Nov. 2017
– Professional Student Events Officer at MICCAI Student Board 2017
– Program Committee Member CVWW 2017 , MICCAI-RAMBO 2017, MICCAI-FIFI2017, CIARP 2017-, CVPR-WiCV2018-, MICCAI 2018-
SE 183.588 Seminar Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
VU 183.585 Computer Vision
PR 183.583 Supervision of Practical Projects, Bachelor’s and Master’s Thesis in the field of Visual Computing and Medical Informatics
SE Seminar Scientific Research and Writing (Part 2 – Medical Computer Vision)