News and Upcoming
Looking forward to be a speaker at Ultrasound meets Magnetic Resonance in April 2022. Glad to be part of the organizing team of the Fetal brain Tissue Annotation and segmentation (FeTA) Challenge 2021 at MICCAI 2021 on 1st of October from 2pm - 6pm (UTC). Twitter: @FetaChallenge PIPPI 2021 has been accepted as a satellite event at MICCAI2021 and will take place on October first from 09:00 am - 02:00 pm (UTC). Twitter: @PIPPIworkshop Join the Fetal Infant Toddler Neuro imaging Group (FIT'NG) at the FLUX congress full day workshop - FIT’NG All Ages: Advantages and Challenges of Longitudinal Fetal, Infant, and Toddler Neuroimaging on 17th of September 2021, 09:00 am - 03:00pm (EST). Registration required here.
Roxane Licandro graduated the master study of medical informatics at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) with distinction in January 2016. She worked eight years as assistant of the creative director at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien and subsequently continued her working experiences as software developer at AGFA Healthcare. During her studies at TU Wien she was employed as study assistant and teaching assistant at the Pattern Recognition and Image Processing (PRIP) Group, and as teaching assistant at the Institute of Computer Graphics and Algorithms and at the Computer Vision Lab (CVL) at TU Wien. She graduated her PhD study at TU Wien in cooperation with the Computational Imaging Research (CIR) Lab at the Medical University of Vienna in March 2021 and has worked as an university assistant at CVL until October 2021.
– Spatio-temporal modelling
– Diffeomorphic registration
– Fetal and pediatric brain development
– Functional brain networks and plasticity
– Automatic MRD Assessment in Leukaemia
Selected Recent Publications
Lichtenegger R., Salas M., Sing A., Duelk M., Licandro R., Gesperger J., Baumann B., Drexler W., Leitgeb R., “Reconstruction of Optical Coherence Tomography Images Retrieved from Discontinuous Spectral Data using Conditional Generative Adversarial Network”, Journal Biomedical Optics Express, 2021.
Sipiran I., Lazlo P., Lopez C., Jimenez M., Bagewad N., Bustos B., Dao H., Gangisetty S. Hanik M., Ho-Thi N.-P., Jarnikov D., Labrada A., Lengauer S., Licandro R., Nguyen D.-H., Ngyen-Ho T.-L., Perez-Rey L.A., Pham M.-K., Preiner R., Schreck T., Trinh Q.H., Tonnaer L., von Tycowicz C., Vu-Le T.A., “SHREC 2021: Retrieval of Cultural Objects”, Journal of Computer & Graphics, July 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cag.2021.07.010
Licandro R., Hofmanninger J., Perkonigg M., Röhrich S., Weber M.-A., Wennmann M., Kintzele L., Piraud M., Menze B., Langs G., “Asymmetric Cascade Networks for Focal Bone Lesion Prediction in Multiple Myeloma”, International Conference on Medical Imaging with Deep Learning (MIDL), London, July 2019. Link.
Licandro R. and Schlegl T., Reiter M., Diem M., Dworzak M., Schumich A., Langs G., Kampel M., “WGAN Latent Space Embeddings for Blast Identification in Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukaemia,” 2018 24th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Beijing, China, 2018, pp. 3868-3873. PDF
Licandro R., Nenning K.-H., Schwartz E., Kollndorfer K., Bartha-Doering L., Langs G. Assessing Reorganisation of Functional Connectivity in the Infant Brain. MICCAI Fetal and InFant Image (FIFI) Analysis Workshop, Québec City (Canada), September 2017. PDF
Licandro R., Langs G., Kasprian G., Sablatnig R., Prayer D., Schwartz E., “A Longitudinal Diffeomorphic Atlas-Based Tissue Labeling Framework for Fetal Brains using Geodesic Regression“, Computer Vision Winter Workshop, Rimske Toplice (Slovenia), February 2016. PDF
R. Licandro, “Longitudinal Diffeomorphic Fetal Brain Atlas Learning for Tissue Labeling using Geodesic Regression and Graph Cuts”, TU Wien, January 2016. Link
R. Licandro, “Spatio Temporal Modelling of Dynamic Developmental Patterns”, TU Wien, March 2021. Link
Awards & Achievements
– Nomination Best Distance Learning Award 2021, TU Wien
– Nomination Best Teaching Award 2019, TU Wien
– Micro Travel Grant, Marie Curie Alumni Association, August 2018.
– Best Paper Award, International Conference on Clinical and Medical Image Analysis ICCMIA’18, July 2018.
– February 2017 – July 2017 Marie Skłodowska Curie Fellowship within the European Project AutoFLOW
– Best Poster Award – 3rd Austrian Biomarker Symposium on Early Diagnostics 2016 (3rd Place)
– Member of the Organizing Committee of CVPR2017-WiCV, MICCAI-DATRA 2018 , MICCAI-PIPPI 2018/2019, FeTA2021 Challenge, BrainHack Vienna 2019
– MICCAI Student Board President since Nov. 2017
– Professional Student Events Officer at MICCAI Student Board 2017
– Program Committee Member CVWW 2017 , MICCAI-RAMBO 2017, MICCAI-FIFI2017, CIARP 2017-, CVPR-WiCV2018-, MICCAI since 2018, DGM4MICCAI 2021, IPMI 2021
SE 183.588 Seminar Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
VU 183.585 Computer Vision
PR 183.583 Supervision of Practical Projects, Bachelor’s and Master’s Thesis in the field of Visual Computing and Medical Informatics
SE Seminar Scientific Research and Writing (Part 2 – Medical Computer Vision)
VU 186.822 Introduction to Visual Computing