The CVL is offering a new PhD position (University Assistant / Prae-Doc) in the area of 3D Computer Vision and Machine Learning, specifically in the area of 3D scene understanding. The position is limited to 4 years 30 hours/week.
- Research and project activity in the area of 3D Computer Vision and Machine Learning, specifically in the area of “3D scene understanding“
- Supervision of students in the area of Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Assistance/Collaboration in organizational and administrative tasks
- Collaboration on research and teaching tasks as well as examinations
- Cooperation and guidance of students
- Writing a dissertation and publications
- Participation in scientific events
- A master‘s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics with specialization in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or equivalent university studies.
- In-depth knowledge in one or preferably more of the following areas is considered an advantage: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Graphics
- Knowledge of scientific work, Mathematics, good knowledge of and interest in Machine Learning, sound knowledge of Python, C/C++, and CUDA
- Didactic skills and willingness to co-supervise Bachelor- and Master theses
- Ability to work in a team, problem-solving skills, and the ability to innovate
- Very good skills in English communication and writing. Knowledge of German (level B2) or willingness to learn it in the first year.
- A wide variety and exciting range of tasks in a collegial team
- Hybrid working style with up to 60% home office option
- A range of attractive social benefits (see Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien)
- Wide range of internal and external training opportunities, various career options
- Central location of workplace as well as good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz)
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Apply before the 2nd of March 2023 in the following link: https://jobs.tuwien.ac.at/Job/202030