I am a PhD student and research assistant at the Computer Vision Lab at TU Wien, currently working under Marie Skłodowska-Curie’s project called visuAAL. I received a BSc title in 2018 in the field of Automatic Control and Robotics and an MSc title in Robotics in the end of 2019, both at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland. During my master’s, I spent one year at the University of Aveiro in Portugal as an exchange student. Before my position at TU Wien, I gained experience in software engineering, working as a developer in the automotive industry on autonomous embedded solutions for car driving. My present research area is Active Assisted Living(AAL) in computer vision.
- Mucha W., Kampel M. (2023) “Human Action Recognition in Egocentric Perspective Using 2D Object and Hands Pose”, Joint International 3rd Ego4D and 11th EPIC Workshop, The Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition – CVPR2023 , 19th June 2023, Vancouver, Canada (online presentation) https://arxiv.org/abs/2306.05147
- Mucha W., Kampel M. (2023) “Ego2DHands: Generating 2D Hand Skeleton in Egocentric Vision”, Computer Vision Winter Workshop – CVWW 2023, February 15-17, 2023, Krems, Austria (in-person oral presentation, out of proceedings)
- Mucha W., Kampel M. “Hands, Objects, Action! Egocentric 2D Hand-based Action Recognition”, Accepted in the 14th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems (ICVS), September 2023, Vienna, Austria.
- Mucha W., Kampel M. (2022) “Addressing Privacy Concerns in Depth Sensors”, Joint International Conference on Digital Inclusion, Assistive Technology & Accessibility – ICCHP-AAATE 2022, July 11-15, 2022, Lecco, Italy https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-08645-8_62
- Mucha W., Kampel M. (2022) “Beyond Privacy of Depth Sensors in Active and Assisted Living Devices”, The 15th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference – PrivAw Workshop, June 29 – July 1, 2022, Corfu, Greece https://doi.org/10.1145/3529190.3534764
- Mucha W., Kampel M. (2022) “Depth and Thermal Images in Face Detection – A Detailed Comparison Between Image Modalities”, The 5th International Conference on Machine Vision and Applications (ICMVA 2022), February 18-20, 2022, Singapore https://doi.org/10.1145/3523111.3523114