Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living
VisuAAL is a transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral European project, addressing the secure use of video-based AAL technologies to deliver effective and supportive care to older adults managing their health and wellbeing. Researchers from the fields of Computer Science, Engineering, Healthcare, Law, Business and Sociology are building the project community.
Apply directly here: https://www.visuaal-itn.eu/form/applications
Funding: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks
AI for dementia care
Although the progress and severity of dementia varies depending on the underlying cause (e.g. Alzheimer´s disease) there are common symptoms between the manifestations. These symptoms include personality changes, which manifests itself in becoming subdued or withdrawn. By using machine learning in long-term emotional analysis, it should be possible to recognize patterns and thus determine personality changes. In order to assign the person´s mood correctly, it is necessary that the algorithms treat the emotions context aware. This means that the current situation and environment of the person is detected (e.g. by sensors or smartphone) which allows to determine whether certain emotions are only felt in company or alone.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree relevant to the project(s) they apply for
- Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained the first degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged)
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Start in March 2021
- Full contract for 3 (+1) years